19 May 2012

Loose and Lively Iris daily paintings

Here are two of my plein aire iris paintings. These were painted end of March/beginning of April. I'm falling a bit behind again with my postings.
Loose and lively irises 1- Garden series daily painting by Marion Hedger
Oil on board (MDF), 19x27 cm (approx8"x11")


Loose and lively irises 2- Garden series daily painting by Marion Hedger
Oil on board (MDF), 27x22cm (approx11"x9")
It's such a lovely time of year when the irises start appearing in the garden. It's a sure sign things are warming up. The vivid blue of these irises really gives the garden a lift, when the daffodils and tulips have finished flowering and before other plants decide to make an appearance.
I have another two irises to post tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always pleased receive comments and to discuss my paintings and techniques.