15 February 2013

Snow Scene - Limited palette study 3

Snow Scene Limited Palette study 3
10x15 cm, soft pastel on peach card
The third study using lavender, cadmium yellow and dark green (plus a pale blue white) on colorfix treated card.

For me, this is quite effective and it shows how the support colour can be used to good effect when using a limited palette. If I was to work this one up into a painting, I would stick with the same colour combinations including the shades either either side of the colours used here. That would give more variation  in the lights and darks, particularly the lavender. The use of less white would also give a more lively look.

Take a look at study 1 and study 2

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always pleased receive comments and to discuss my paintings and techniques.