04 September 2017

Current Abstracts in Progress

As you know, if you follow this blog, I like working on several abstract paintings at once. I do this to a certain extent with my other works but not quite so deliberately as with the abstracts.

Working on more than one paintings stops me getting bogged down on one particular thing. Making a concious effort to work in small blocks of time on a painting (1/2 hour is usually a long enough time to spend on one painting) allows you to approach each new pass with a fresh eye.

Working on several paintings also allows one painting to inform the other and grow ideas. Here are nine paintings I am actively working on at the moment - but the pile of unfinished paintings is much larger. This no longer bothers me like it used to, another benefit of working on more than one at a time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always pleased receive comments and to discuss my paintings and techniques.