16 November 2011

Through the woods - 2nd Gouache Experiment

This is my second attempt at a gouache landscape.

Through the woods
Gouache painting by Marion Hedger
21x30cm on thin black card.
I really like the effect of this one. I am still learning how to use the gouache and I have kept this fairly loose with the black ground peeping throught, hopefully giving it some harmony. As I still have my limited palette of kid's paints I could not mix all the colours I needed, but to me it does have a nice energy about it.

This is from one of my photos while walking through the woods close by. We do not get a typical autumn here, it is a mixture between a few coloured and dry leaves and fresh growth that sprouts after the autumn storms following a very dry summer. I hope I have captured some of that feeling.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always pleased receive comments and to discuss my paintings and techniques.