30 March 2012

Beautiful Daffodil - Garden Series 101 Oil paintings


Beautiful Daffodil
by Marion Hedger
Garden 101 daily paintings series No.9
22 x 27cm, oil on canvas board.
I've jumped ahead as the photos of numbers7 and 8 did not come out and I will have to retakes them. I had some beautiful daffs this year but sadly they are mostly all gone now. There is nothing that quite matches that lovely yellow colour throughout the garden after the winter. A real heralding of better things to come.
I quite like the way the brushstrokes are visible on this one. I managed to avoid overblending and I love the result. 

"I have challenged myself to paint 101 small daily life paintings inspired by my garden. My main aim is to improve my my eye to brush skills with a loose lively style. At the moment I plan to use oils, so that as a bonus I will improve my oil handling skills. I don't doubt that some will be done in different media depending on how the mood takes me. I aim to do at least 5 a week."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always pleased receive comments and to discuss my paintings and techniques.