18 November 2012

Lavender Farm Provence oil painting

Lavender Farm in Provence by Marion Hedger
Oil on canvas panel
15 x 20 cm (6" x 8") painted with a palette knife
This painting is now SOLD

After painting several autumn scenes with lots of yellows and oranges, I had the urge to use blues and purples again. I returned to my photos and created a few more Provencal lavender paintings. I will post another Provence lavender scene tomorrow. I gessoed the canvas quite thickly to give a heavy textured ground, and then painted it with a pink underpainting which I let show through in the finished painting, adding an overall liveliness.
Here is a close up of some of the impasto paintwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always pleased receive comments and to discuss my paintings and techniques.