12 February 2014

There's always one - Clementine Still life with vase oil painting

There's always one - Clementine Still life with vase
Oil on gessoed MDF panel
15x15 cm (6x6 inch)
Another still life with the clementines from my garden. This little vase is one I made when I took pottery lessons about 20 years ago. I'm sure that anyone who has ever done pottery has something similar - Iron oxide glaze at the top and cobalt blue glaze at the bottom, with the iron oxide glaze running. The excitement was to see how the iron oxide had run down the vase!

About this painting
This painting is painted with a brush. I'm trying to rekindle my brush skills as since using a palette knife it is my tool of choice.

I am not sure about the effect I've achieved. It seems quite static to me and I'm wondering if I should go over every thing with more paint. I'd be interested in your opinion

 See my last clementine painting here

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always pleased receive comments and to discuss my paintings and techniques.