30 July 2016

Art Inspiration, Hollyhocks in Banon




This public garden was reached by a steep path up to the church at Banon here we stayed overnight on our recent trip. The climb was well worth it to find this garden area in full bloom. Not only was it colourful, but the benches were positioned to give a wonderful view of the surrounding countryside.

Many of the village in this area were full of hollyhocks which seemed to be self-seeded and growing in no soil!

I have painted a small painting of this garden and blocked in a larger one. I am working up to do it as a larger painting still.

If this scene appeals to you, I would glady work with you to paint you your own personal version. Contact me to start the ball rolling.

CONNECT WITH ME:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always pleased receive comments and to discuss my paintings and techniques.