20 September 2011

Black and White plus one acrylic painting

Abstract seascape, black and white plus one by Marion Hedger
Acrylic and gel medium, palette knife
A4 on black card
Contact me about this or other paintings HERE

 I missed the deadline on the September challenge from Daily Painters International Gallery of painting in black and white plus one colour, as I was away on hols and forgot to post my paintings before I went away.
I used acrylic because I do not have a black oil paint and I could not achieve a nice black by mixing. I also decided to try two additional things as well as the black and white challenge, (I should learn to take one step at a time LOL), palette knife painting and abstracting.
I had a vague idea to do a landscape but with nothing else in mind I started playing with the paint which I had mixed with gel medium to give it more body. Somehow this turned into an abstract seascape, hence the use of the blue. I used thick paint on the palette knife and mixed the greys on the painting. I was quite pleased with this way this little exercise turned out and painted two more, which I will post in a later painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always pleased receive comments and to discuss my paintings and techniques.