15 June 2015

Spring Vineyard in Provence, oil palette knife painting

Spring Vineyard in Provence
Palette knife painting
18x24cm (approx 7"x10")
SOLD

Apologies for the silence, I am not AWOL but I have been occupied on 4 painting commissions and family. We celebrated my Dad's 90th birthday at the end of May so I took a trip over to England, and my son who lives in Australia, has been over to visit everyone. He's returned back home and now I am back to painting.

This painting is of a vineyard close to St Tropez. I worked from a photo taken early this year. The fresh green leaves of the new vines turned a lovely bright yellow in the morning sunshine.

The Var is full of vineyards, some which are along the side of the coast road up to the mountains in the distance. Around the coast it is all flat with a faint view of the hills in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always pleased receive comments and to discuss my paintings and techniques.