11 June 2016

The Bus Stop St Paul de Vence - Work in Progress




I have not painted many (in fact only two here and here) scenes of local village St Paul de Vence. I don't know why - it is a very picturesque perched village and one of the most visited. I have lots of photos, of course, and it is about time!

This is the local bus stop for returning to Nice. It is located on a tiny bit of path and near a corner. In summer there are crowds of tourists trying to get on the bus. - Sorry for some reason the photo is not good and does not show the colour variations in the shadows well.

I am trying to capture the heat of the afternoon, as it get extremely hot waiting for the bus and test the patience of even the most patient of tourists!

A little further along the way...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always pleased receive comments and to discuss my paintings and techniques.