11 July 2019

Taking Risks


Work in Progress
40x40cm on box canvas
Acrylic


Sometimes you nee to take risks to challenge yourself. This one started off conventionally with large blocks of colour, orange and light blue, and then smaller different blocks of colour on top letting some of the first colour show through.

I looked at it and thought "Why not go for it and drew some thick black lines and a circle . From there it gradually evolved to where it is now going more instinctively. I didn't overthink it and just went with the flow.

I enjoyed myself painting it and I am pleased with how it has turned out so far. Still some work to do, mainly tidying it up and looking at values, but it worked out quicker than many more of my more 'thoughtful' paintings.

Is the motto, "When it feels right, just go for it?"

CONNECT WITH ME
Keep up with my latest paintings and works in progress
on Instagram @artbymarion



No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always pleased receive comments and to discuss my paintings and techniques.