10 December 2013

The Smell of Lavender - Finished, palette knife painting in oils

The Smell of lavender
Palette knife painting
Oil on stretched linen canvas
46 x 55 cm (approx 18"x22")
For sale in my Etsy store

This painting is now finished. I changed the shape of the lavender fields from the first block in (see my previous post) a little, as compositionally they did not make sense. (Thank you Carol for pointing me in the right direction). I don't know what I was thinking, they joined smack bang in the centre of the canvas - I knew it was wrong but was persevering with it anyway. Carol made me stop and think - it's funny how sometimes it needs someone to say "Hold on a minute!".

Carol Hopper is another artist I connected with on the 30 days hath September challenge. See her blog here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always pleased receive comments and to discuss my paintings and techniques.