12 December 2013

Provence Lavender palette knife oil painting


Provence Lavender
Palette knife painting
Oil on box canvas
23 x 30 cm (approx 9x12 inch)
Available in my Etsy Store


A different format and orientation for this small painting. I have lots of canvasses that have accumulated over the years waiting for inspiration to strike. I had already painted a ground on this in a mix of blue, pink and yellow horizontal blocks and then did not do anything with it. I noticed it again a few days ago and as the block in was horizontal, it suggested a portrait format, not the typical orientation for my landscapes. The light bulb went on and this is the result.
Here are some close-ups of the knife work


No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always pleased receive comments and to discuss my paintings and techniques.