09 December 2013

Champs de Lavande et Tournesols Provence Landscape palette knife painting

Champs de Lavande et Tournesols -
Fields of Lavender and sunflowers
Provence landscape palette knife painting
Oil on box canvas
15 x 20 (6x8") x 1.5cm
Available in my Etsy store

Take time out to Play
At the beginning of the week I was running out of ideas of what to paint and I was questioning my use of oils. I wanted to do something less representational than my normal work and had a hankering to create abstracts. 

I spent two days playing around with mono-prints as well as ink and gouache resist. I had never done either and I didn't quite know the techniques, so I read up on them and off I went!
I didn't produce anything worthy, but I had a really good time. Since then I have been re-energised. I have finished several small paintings, have plenty of good ideas milling around and I have finished my larger painting I posted last week (keep tuned tomorrow to see it).

Conclusion
Play is good for you.


1 comment:

  1. I always love your work.

    I noticed that you signed up for Leslie Saeta's 30 in 30 challenge. Congrats. I'm one of the challenge artists too. Isn't it exciting she's giving us another chance?

    If you want to limber up for it, I'm currently running a less stressful ART PARTY over at my blog. You can post any painting that fits the theme, any day till December 24th. Each daily link is open for posting for 24 hours and then it is open for voting on each new painting. If you don't want to post you can have fun voting.

    Sign up with instructions is here http://paintamasterpiece.blogspot.ca/2013/11/gifts-and-decorations-art-party-begins.html

    Once you register you can post your work any day here http://http://paintamasterpiece.blogspot.com

    I do hope you join us. :)

    ReplyDelete

I am always pleased receive comments and to discuss my paintings and techniques.