19 March 2014

Almond Blossom painting and Cherry blossom trip

Almond Blossom Palette knife painting WIP
24x30cm (approx 10x12inch)
Oil on Canvas Panel
Work in Progress

As you read this I shall be on my way to Japan to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Hopefully the cherry blossom will be in bloom and I will come away with heaps of photos to work from when I get back. I may also do some sketching while I am there but I am hesitant about painting in full view of everyone.

To get me in the mood, I cut some of my almond blossom an placed it in this vase. The vase is from a set of three, all slightly different but all with odd angled sides. Talk about making things difficult to paint! This painting is not quite finished - I still have to work on the branch on the table and, now that I see the photo, alter the stem on the left.

Contact me about this, or any other painting HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always pleased receive comments and to discuss my paintings and techniques.