29 March 2014

Cherry Blossoms in Kumamoto



We are a little early for the full show of cherry blossoms. We saw a few in Tokyo but the full blossoming will occur in a couple of days time. We have one day in Tokyo on the way home so hopefully will catch them at their best.

We travelled south to Kumamoto, which is warmer than Tokyo, and managed to catch the blossom at it's prime. A glorious sight. Tomorrow we travel to Kyoto which is another city known for it's cherry blossoms.

We've had a good trip so far, and the weather has been kind. I'm just off to give my feet some more punishment as we have another shrine and, yes you've guessed it, some more blossom to see.

1 comment:

  1. I am not sure I would travel as far as you have chosen. It sounds like your trip has been a complete blessing.

    ReplyDelete

I am always pleased receive comments and to discuss my paintings and techniques.