24 February 2015

Purple Sea oil palette knife painting

Purple Sea
Oil palette knife painting
18x24cm on 3mm canvas MDF panel

Back to my beloved lavender scenes. I was getting purple withdrawal symptoms!

Painted from photos of the Valensol plateau which is awash with purple in the summer.

About this painting
This painting includes a version of the trees I was sketching previously see here. My husband commented the other day that my lavender paintings always look like you are looking down on them. Well that's right! The best vantage point to take the photos from is the verge which is usually higher than the road and gives more of a view and raises the horizon line.

I used a pink ground here and allowed it to poke through in places. The finishing touch was splattering paint over the foreground.

Some close-ups




1 comment:

I am always pleased receive comments and to discuss my paintings and techniques.