05 June 2013

Meandering Path, palette knife painting in oils

Meandering Path, Landscape painting
15x15cm (6"x6") oil on canvas panel
Palette knife on a multi-coloured ground 
To purchase this painting CLICK HERE

These small sized paintings are great for trying different things. They are large enough to give a good effect and small enough to quickly complete. I painted three of the same scene trying different techniques. This one is painted with a palette knife and painted onto a coloured ground of cool colours for the darks and warm colours for the lights. I also wanted to work on my tree technique - trying not to be too detailed but with enough information. I also just wanted to suggest the foreground. I quite like the result where everything is just suggested, leaving much to the viewers imagination.

I will post the other two over the next couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always pleased receive comments and to discuss my paintings and techniques.