09 October 2013

Olive Tree Trio oil painting - Rework

Olive Tree Trio
30x24cm (approx 12"x10")
Oil on gessoed panel
palette knife painting 
SOLD

Another rework from the 30 day challenge. I felt the painting (see HERE) was a bit cold and had a lack of breathing space in the foliage. I added a hint of red poppies and reworked some of the foliage. I added more yellow to the foreground tree to warm it up and bring it forward. I also warmed some of the tree shadows and worked the negative space around the trees. I am much happier with it now.

5 comments:

  1. I think your olive trees are wonderful. I did a painting which included olive trees and it literally took me six months before I like the olive trees. My reference photo was awful so I had to envision what they looked like. I would love to paint along side you! Your work is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to search sites with relevant information on given topic and provide them to teacher our opinion and the article. ulivobio.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really appreciate this wonderful post that you have provided for us.Great site and a great topic as well i really get amazed to read this. Its really good. ulivobio.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to search sites with relevant information on given topic and provide them to teacher our opinion and the article. NJ Tax Records

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really appreciate this wonderful post that you have provided for us.Great site and a great topic as well i really get amazed to read this. Its really good. NJ Tax Records

    ReplyDelete

I am always pleased receive comments and to discuss my paintings and techniques.