02 October 2013

Autumn Morning, Fall Landscape 10x12 inch

Autumn Morning
24x30 (approx 10x12inch)
oil on loose canvas
A different style for me. After the challenge I wanted something soothing to paint. I've had this photo for a while but normally don't do 'soft'. However, after the tutorials on the Zorn palette I decided to use some of the pointers picked up during the webinar. As you know, if you have read some of my earlier posts, I am not a fan of the Zorn palette, so I went with the colours I know.
Here is how it started out, first I had a pink ground and then massed in the shapes - definitely an ugly duckling stage

2 comments:

  1. You certainly kept the autumn colors vibrant. Today my painting, though not a scraper, has a few too many muddy colors. You have inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carol. Nice to know that I can inspire people, but I think we all inspire and learn from each other.

    ReplyDelete

I am always pleased receive comments and to discuss my paintings and techniques.