Isolated in Provence
Oil, palette knife painting
15x20cm (6x8inch) box canvas
- All four corners should be different.
- The leaves solve the problem of the sky corners
- Things should not line up
- I changed the shape of the mountain and added another layer to increase the sense of distance
- The bottom of the fence posts do not line up
- The foliage is no longer in straight lines
- Verticals should be an interesting shape
- The tree has a few indentations and perhaps could be more 'gnarled', but I think the light on the trunk compensates for this. As this is a small painting, this should be sufficient.
- Ensure items of a group are different sizes
- The fence posts are all different sizes and the cross braces are on longer in a straight line. Now I have uploaded the photo, I see the cross braces are parallel, but I think I shall leave this.