18 January 2015

Wonderful Lavender, Palette knife painting.

Wonderful Lavender Palette knife painting
40x50cm (16x20") oil on gallery wrapped canvas 2cm deep



I'm not doing very well with the challenge. I seem to have run out of motivation and could not get really get into the mood for painting over the last few weeks. I started this painting sometime before Christmas as I had the urge to paint larger than my norm,  and yesterday my motivation seemed to reappear. I added some finishing touches and I am now calling this one done. Perhaps now I might complete some more paintings for the challenge.

About this painting,
I left the foreground very loose and washy and resisted the temptation to add more to it. I like the contrast with the more texture on the rest of the painting.

Some close-ups



3 comments:

I am always pleased receive comments and to discuss my paintings and techniques.