24 September 2014

Commission Landscape, Day 24 - 30 day challenge


Commission Landscape, Summer in Provence
Palette knife painting
30cmx80cm (approx 12x32inch)
On box canvas (1.5cm deep)

This was a commission for friends who wanted 'something bright' to fill a particular space in a dark kitchen, hence the size. That was my total brief! Luckily they loved it when they saw it. It's still drying and I am waiting to put on a coat of finishing varnish before they return to their holiday home mid October.

Though not strictly part of the 30 day challenge, I have spent most of today kicking my computer because some ******* had bundled some malware with a download I did this morning. So no time to paint today. Luckily, I have managed to sort it, so it will be all systems go tomorrow.


3 comments:

  1. I love the size and any of your work that includes lavender wins my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this too Marion. Funnily enough I have a similar image of fields queued to paint in my miniature study format which is roughly these dimensions. Small world isn't it? I'm loving all your 30 paintings in 30 days works. Sorry to hear about your computer. I think mine is fixing to crash and I soon have to spend a day clearing duplicates and poor quality images. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marion,
    This is so beautiful - it really draws you into the painting.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete

I am always pleased receive comments and to discuss my paintings and techniques.