30 September 2014

Co-ordinated Bathing Belles, Day 30 of 30 day challenge

Co-ordinated Bathing Belles
Palette Knife Painting
20x30cm / 8x12inches on loose canvas sheet
I will be offering this painting in my next newsletter
sign-up to see how you can own this painting.
Contact me about this or any other painting on artbymarion (at) orange.fr

After the long summer holidays the beaches on the Riviera are much quieter and it is then the 'wrinkly season' (I'm allowed as I'm in that category myself!) The older generation take the opportunity to soak up the sun and relax. The sun is much kinder and not so fierce in September.

About this painting
An unusual subject for me but I couldn't resist this group of woman enjoying the sun at Freyjus beach. Once again, possibly a subject for a larger painting as there is too much detail and I had to stop myself fussing.
It was mid-day when I took the photo so the shadows were small. I wondered if I should have elongated the shadows for a better composition.

1 comment:

  1. Perfect! I don't like to think wrinkles, but there they are. This is a PLEASANT reminder of the roads we have traveled.

    ReplyDelete

I am always pleased receive comments and to discuss my paintings and techniques.