21 September 2014

Field of Wildflowers - Day 21, 30 day challenge

Field of flowers
Palette knife painting
Oil on box canvas/6"x6"
15x15cm
SOLD

I had the urge to paint canopy pines the other day. The pines around here are not very prepossessing and a bit 'tatty'. The canopy pines. start after Cannes and the best ones are around St Tropez. So off we go on a drive. After being stuck in a traffic jam  just after Freyjus for well over an hour, we U turned and made our way back. The canopy pines will have to wait. It was not a completely wasted trip, I came across this field of wild flowers in the grounds of the Clos des Roses vineyard at Freyjus. So they had to become a painting of course!

1 comment:

  1. This is a beautiful field and painted with lush paint. If I lived closer I would join you for a paint out.

    ReplyDelete

I am always pleased receive comments and to discuss my paintings and techniques.