13 September 2014

Last Pepper Standing - day 13, 30 paintings in 30 days challenge


Last Pepper Standing
Palette knife painting
15x15cm /6x6inch
oil on box canvas 1cm deep
Edges painted black
Available in my Etsy Store 45€
See yesterday's painting

I went into the kitchen for today's inspiration. My husband loves roasted pepper and came home with some lovely large red ones from the supermarket, but he wasn't allowed to cook them until after they had performed as my models.

About this painting
I painted this outdoors with the sun shining on the pepper. I place the pepper on a sheet of glass on top of a black serviette to get some reflection and for a better compostion on the square format. I tried to paint quickly so I would loose the high and low lights, but that pesky sun kept moving!

Some close-ups

 

4 comments:

  1. I like this technique...it really has lots of LIFE! AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sue. I enjoyed painting this one (and tomorrow's post). I think it was the colour of the red in the sunlight.

    ReplyDelete

I am always pleased receive comments and to discuss my paintings and techniques.