18 September 2013

A quiet place, landscape painting - Day 18, 30 days hath September challenge

A Quiet Place oil painting
24x35cm (approx 10"x14")
Oil on wrapped canvas
Day 18, 30 days hath September challenge
The painting for day 18 of the challenge is an English scene of a quiet backwater in the Lake District, UK.

This was started with a brush and finished with a palette knife. I will leave this a few days to see if it needs more work. I am thinking about increasing the size of the reddish tree and adding more reflections and I still have to decide if it needs more light or if that will spoil the feeling of solitude. What do you think?

4 comments:

  1. Marion its lovely. I have never been to the Lake District but working my way up England :) i dont understand palette knife painting Ive tried it. I guess it takes practice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lovely area - only problem is it rains A LOT! but then again it wouldn't be so green if it didn't LOL

      I paint mostly with a palette knife now and automatically pick up the knife instead of the brush. I find I can get a much more lively and loose feel with a knife.

      Delete
  2. I discovered your work doing the 30 in 30 together. Nice to meet you! Your work is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda, Thank you - it's a great challenge isn't it? and a good way to notice other artist's work.

    ReplyDelete

I am always pleased receive comments and to discuss my paintings and techniques.