09 September 2013

Scarlet Poppies, Provence landscape - Day 9, 30 days hath September challenge

Scarlet Poppies Provence Landscape
54x46x1.8cm oil on box canvas
440€ Click HERE to purchase
Plus shipping (approx 22"x18")
Palette knife painting
Day 9, 30 days hath September challenge
Day 9 painting
For day 9 of the challenge I am cheating a little. This is a larger landscape painting which I started a couple of weeks ago and finished on Friday - so strictly speaking I did paint some of it in September LOL.
Larger Format
This is much larger than my small landscapes and I really enjoyed painting this one. I'm fond of the small ones but this allowed me to get stuck into a painting as it has been a while since I did a larger one (apart from my Zorn palette study of course).
Small Poppy Painting
Here is one of my smaller poppy landscapes for comparison
Click here to see the original post



3 comments:

  1. This is truly lovely. Your work is quite gorgeous and I see you excel at flowers. We enjoy the same subjects. www.carolhopper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Carol. We do seem to have similar tastes in paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful colors and vibrancy, Marion! I enjoyed this work very much!

    I love rich color like this and expressive brushwork!

    ReplyDelete

I am always pleased receive comments and to discuss my paintings and techniques.