08 September 2013

Sweet Chestnut Walk - Day 8, 30 days hath September Challenge


Sweet Chestnut Walk treescape WIP
Day 8, 30 days hath September Challenge
Oil on canvas panel
Palette knife painting
Contact me about this or any other painting HERE

Last Friday we took a drive around the vineyards in the Var region so I could gather some photos of the vineyards before the grapes were harvested. As part of the drive we went through the Les Maures hills national forest. Sweet chestnut trees grow wild amongst the cork oaks. Generally the day was overcast but every now and then the sun shone through and I managed to capture the sunlight in this view. This is not quite finished, I still have to work on the edges of the shadows.

4 comments:

  1. A really nice painting! The bright colors caught my eye. The way the sky shows through the trees is also lovely. Have fun with today's painting!

    ReplyDelete

I am always pleased receive comments and to discuss my paintings and techniques.