02 September 2013

Autumn River - Zorn Palette

Autumn River
40x50cm (16"x20")
Oil on narrow box canvas
This is the second painting in the Zorn palette tutorial by Ken Vloothuis.
This demonstrates how a painting can be constructed using a narrow tonal range. I still need to work on some areas but overall I am becoming more comfortable with the Zorn palette although it is much more subdued than I am used to.

I am falling behind a little as I couln't paint along to this weeks webinar which is a snow scene. I aim to complete this over the next few days and I will post it when finished.

Here is the post to the first painting which is more colourful.

I'd be interested to read your comments about this. Do you find the colours harmonious or interesting?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always pleased receive comments and to discuss my paintings and techniques.