20 September 2013

Ready for Harvest? Provence landscape - Day 20, 30 days hath September challenge

Ready for Harvest? Provence  landscape oil painting
18x24cm (approx 7"x10")
Oil on canvas panel
Palette knife painting
Day 20, 30 days hath September challenge

This vine was in the vineyard is near Le Muy (yesterday's painting) in the Var, an area famous for the Provence rosé. The grapes looked luscious and ready for harvesting  (and shush... take it from me they were very sweet). It's a lovely area, all the flat land is taken up by vineyards with the typical Provence hills looming in the background.

I'm not happy with this painting and don't think it is a keeper. I couldn't get the grapes to look like grapes and over-worked them. I will have to try this one again as I love the gnarled vine.

1 comment:

I am always pleased receive comments and to discuss my paintings and techniques.