07 September 2013

Sherwood Forest Walk - Day 7, 30 days hath September challenge

Sherwood Forest Walk treescape oil painting
Day 7, 30 days hath September challenge
18x24cm (approx 7"x10") oil on canvas panel
Palette knife painting

Sherwood Pines
At the end of May this year, we went to Sherwood Pines park in Nottingham my home town. While my brother and the kids did the bicycle circuit, I went for a walk and took photos.

Sherwood Pines is a managed pine plantation right in the heart of Sherwood Forest (quel domage) where they used to grow the pines for pit props in the coal mines. That industry has now died and they are gradually replacing the trees with native species.
My Walk
Naturally it was the regenerated part of the forest where I went for my walk. The sun was shining through the fresh green growth of trees and all was OK in my world.
Does it need people?
I am uncertain whether or not to put a couple in at the end of the path to:
  • add a focal point and scale
  • To add a touch of red (a shirt maybe) as a foil for all the green
Please let me know what you think.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Marion,
    Leslie's blog is such a great place to meet fellow artists and get a chance to see their work..I'm really delighted I bumped into yours..
    Love the way it has been done!
    Infact, I clicked a similar picture recently and didnt know how to portray it, you've given an awesome lead..

    Cheers,
    Niharika

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way your colors sing in this painting! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete

I am always pleased receive comments and to discuss my paintings and techniques.