16 September 2013

Winter Light oil painting, Day 16, 30 days hath September challenge

Winter Light oil painting
18x24cm (approx 7"x10")
oil on unstretched canvas
palette knife painting
 Day 16, 30 days hath September challenge

The painting for day 16 is a winter scene full of light. I'm not partial to snow, but the colours in this have worked well, I think. It reminds me of those crisp winter afternoons we had occasionally in England when I lived there.

Unstretched canvas
This is painted onto unstretched, primed canvas which I stapled onto a support while painting. I liked painting on this surface, the paint adhered well and I was able to build up the layers.

2 comments:

  1. The painting colors, contrasts, light and shade and thick paint make this a quite remarkable painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep noticing your paintings. Great colors and brushstrokes!

    ReplyDelete

I am always pleased receive comments and to discuss my paintings and techniques.