07 September 2013

Winter Scene - Zorn palette oil painting

Winter scene, Zorn palette study
30x40cm (12"x16") oil on box canvas
NFS

This is the third study using the Zorn palette and I used a palette knife for the final stages. I am finding it difficult to get the nuances in the tones to achieve a sense of distance.  Now that I look at the photo, I see that there is also not much difference between the tone of the ice in the river and the dark shadow, although I thought there was while I was painting it. I shall look at this for a while and maybe work on it some more to differentiate those tones more and to make the background recede more.

Tonight is the last web tutorial by Ken, and we should be using additional accent colours which should be interesting.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always pleased receive comments and to discuss my paintings and techniques.