03 January 2014

Day 2, 30 paintings in 30 days January 2014 challenge


Day 2 of January 30 paintings challenge
Provence Expressions
Palette knife painting
Oil on canvas board
18x24 cm (approx 7"x10")
Available for purchase $100, international shipping included

Thank you to all for your good wishes, I am feeling much better today but still not got into the painting frame of mind - although I am feeling not quite so sorry for myself LOL.

This is another painting 'I made earlier'. It is more expressionist than impressionist and, of course, full of colour. I am still finding realism tugging at me when I paint, so I deliberately tried to push the colours. The scene is from a combination of photos, with the typical trees and shed that define the landscape.

Some close-ups of the knife work

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always pleased receive comments and to discuss my paintings and techniques.