28 January 2014

Juicy Duo - Clementine Still Life Painting

Juicy Duo - Clementine Still Life Painting
Oil on box canvas
18x13 x1.6cm (approx 7x5inch)
Day 28 of the 30 day challenge
 SOLD

 It has been so long since I have painted a painting using a brush, it took me a while to get back into the swing of things.

These clementines were straight off the tree, which is festooned in orange at the moment. They were calling out to be painted.

I placed them onto glass and in front of the window with the sun streaming through. Needless to say the sun moved so quickly I ended up finishing the painting without looking at the set-up, otherwise I would have tried to 'follow the light'. This way, I had the reference of where the light and shadows were and went with that.

Some close-ups


3 comments:

  1. This is lovely Marion. Your painting has a lovely fresh look to it! Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marion, I love these clementines. They truly look fresh-picked and the foliage and twigs add such nice lively elements to the painting! (All of our citrus comes from the grocery store - so no leaves or stems.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Geri and Anna for you comments.

    ReplyDelete

I am always pleased receive comments and to discuss my paintings and techniques.