06 January 2014

Day 6, 30 paintings in 30 days January 2014 challenge

ACEO 3 - Abstract 1 miniature art
2.25x3.25 inch
Acrylic monoprint on 300g watercolour paper

Available for purchase 12€, including postage

In December I had a brief foray into monoprinting, something I had never tried before. It wasn't very successful as I didn't really know what to do. I used acrylic on a piece of glass and mixed the paint about making marks using a stick for some of the prints. Some were more successful than other, but I need to work more on the thickness of the paint and the type of paper.

On some I obviously used too much paint resulting in 'ridges' on the print. On a second look, I felt these ridges gave some nice textures. I took out my ACEO template out and placed it over the monoprint in various places. The results were surprising, with some really nice compositions appearing. You can guess what happened next - so be prepared to see more of these monoprint ACEOs.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always pleased receive comments and to discuss my paintings and techniques.