26 January 2014

Peach Roses, oil Palette knife painting

Peach roses oil painting
Palette knife painting
Oil on box canvas
15x20cm (6x8inch)
Day 26 of the challenge

Beautiful roses for day 26 of the challenge (only 4 more days to go)

I am not sure about this painting, it doesn't quite work for me, although the roses have some lovely impasto passages on this. I wonder if the background is just to fussy. I may go back into it and calm it down giving it a more even colour - or maybe there is just too much in this for a small painting?

Let me know what you think about this one.

WIN A MINI TREASURE PAINTING
I am currently preparing my first Newsletter which will go out at the end of this month. To celebrate this, I am holding a raffle for the sunflower miniature treasure painting. All you have to do is subscribe to my newsletters which I plan to isuue once every month - see the side bar for the subscription box. The draw will be held on the 7th February and the winner announced on the 8th.


Some close-ups of the impasto



No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always pleased receive comments and to discuss my paintings and techniques.