21 January 2017

Day 21 WIP acrylic abstract, 30 paintings challenge


Untiltled WIP
Acrylic abstract painting
50x60cm on panel

Day 21 of Jan 2017 30 paintings challenge
Click Here to see Day 20's painting


I started this similar to yesterday's painting but coated the support with the flow medium first (I'm determined to find a good use for it). I used ceruleun blue, alazarin crimson and white. Due to the flow medium the paint was very 'squidgy' as I rolled and the imprint of the rollers was apparent. I decided to go with this and leave the pattern to take me forward. This was how it looked:


I added more paint keeping with the general shapes formed

So far not too bad - but then it went hay wire and resulted in the painting you see at the top. Not good at all, I somehow lost the way on this one. I shall see if I can save it as there are some elements in it that I like. I shall wait a awhile before I look at it again. Or maybe I will cut it up into smaller paintings and go from there.


You win some, you lose some...