29 January 2017

TOWARDS THE LIGHT WIP, Day 29 of the 30 day challenge

TOWARDS THE LIGHT
Work in Progress
2x50x60cm (overall 100x60cm - 40x24in)
Acrylic on gallery wrapped canvas

Day 29 of Jan 2017 30 paintings challenge
Click Here to see Day 28's painting
The underpainting:


I had an idea for this. I wanted lots of colour and raised swirls on this one. So  at this stage I went to the nearest town to see what I could find in the way of relief paint. The local art store was closed - it closes between 12:30 and 3pm for lunch - only in France! There is another store, part of a supermarket chain, that sells art materials, books and mixed media. Their art supplies are gradually dwindling but I did find some white relief paint. Triumphant I got ready to try my artistic swirls. The relief paint was TRANSPARENT not white. Ugh!

Undaunted I added more colour and, no surprises, I think it is turning into an abstract floral.

Will it become a floral? Or can I resist the urge and do something different?

By the way, does anyone know what to do with transparent relief paint?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always pleased receive comments and to discuss my paintings and techniques.