Fire and Earth
30x30cm on board
Day 4 of Jan 2017 30 paintings challenge
Click Here to see Day 3's painting
I was at a bit of a loss what to do today, I was determined to somehow include some leaves I had made. As you can see, that didn't happen.
I've spent a lot of time creating plaster stones and mediallions, painting foil, air dried clay leaves and painting corrugated cardoard. I've painted everything in colour families and hoped that I could then 'just' assemble them when I had an idea. Well... I've discovered that I can't work like that! I knew this of course, but I had the mistaken belief that I could organise myself.
I wanted to use some foil I had painted a gold and orange as the focal point (on the left of the painting). Once I started laying that out, my original idea sort of disappeared and I ended up with a completely different painting inventing the composition as I went along. Of course, this meant I had to create more elements that fitted into my new theme, with drying time inbetween each stage. However, I kept 'waiting boredom' out of the way by working on tomorrow's painting. My leaves can wait until another day.
I had to rush to take a photo before the light went today, so some of the medium is still wet (the milky looking spots). Also the top area is painted in a dark gold colour with just doesn't come through in the photo.