14 January 2017

Work in Progress Day 14, 30 day challenge

Work in Progress
40x50cm (12"x16") acrylic on mountboard

Day 14 of Jan 2017 30 paintings challenge
Click Here to see Day 13's painting
A complete change of pace today. I found this forgotten abstract at the bottom of a drawer and I liked the way the shapes danced across the page. I had the idea I could change it to an autumn scene and call if falling leaves.


I coated the mount board with pale cream and added my shapes.
I watched another Nicholas Wilton video about Differences and Spontaneity and one of the techniqes he used was transferring paint using a transfer technique by painting on a piece of greaseproof paper and laying that on the painting. I loved the broken effect and it contrasted nicely with the larger flat painted shapes.



Oh! way too busy and too much blue. One thing I didn't consider was a quiet area versus the busy areas...

A little better.


Where it's at now. Getting busy again and the larger shapes are more or less the same size. Maybe I need to make one of them eg the red one, super large. I also have the urge to coat the whole thing with transparent white and put in some verticals. Maybe like this-

Something to think about...


No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always pleased receive comments and to discuss my paintings and techniques.